This is a favorite in our house. And a real easy quick throw together meal!
Make portions to your desire, and adjust the ratio of the ingredients to suit your tastes!
Start with lettuce, as much as you want! As you can see I use quite a lot…
I often save the little pieces in the bottom of the tortilla chips bag just for this purpose… But if you only have full sized chips, break them up a little.
Add the seasoned meat.
I was taught to always put the cheese on the meat so it melts, so that’s how I do it. If you don’t want the cheese to melt, switch this step and the next one, putting the cheese on top of the tomatoes.
Of course tomatoes! Lots of those too…
Top with taco sauce.
(And sour cream if you’re into that…)
(Also good with ranch or blue cheese dressing 🙂 )
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2-3 T taco seasoning
- little water if hamburger is dry
- Corn tortilla chips (gluten free, and look for GMO free)
- Monterrey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Begin browning hamburger, add sprinkle of salt
- When half or so cooked, sprinkle of taco seasoning, adding water if dry
- Continue cooking and simmer till all water is gone and meat is cooked
- While burger is cooking, chop lettuce and tomatoes, and shred cheese.
- Begin assembling salads in large bowls starting with lettuce
- Add chips, breaking into bite sized pieces
- Add cooked meat
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Add tomatoes
- Garnish with taco sauce, and sour cream/dressing if desired
- Leftover taco meat makes a great nacho plate!!